Omni212 IT Training:
Why Tableau BI Training from Omni212?
1. Our Tableau BI training is very hands on. You will use Tableau software for practical lab exercises.
2. Our Instructors are Certified Tableau BI consultants who actively work with Tableau customers.
3 Upon Registration and payment, immediate access to the course material on the cloud is immediately provided.
4. Class recordings for this class will be made available.
5. Post class support
6. Career advancement and Job placement assistance
Video Conference Details
To be sent upon registration and payment
Exclusively online via video conference. Virtual Instructor Led Training
December 30, 2017 through January 28, 2018
Every Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am – 10:00 am US Pacific Time
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical background. You’ll learn about and how to use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Geographic Maps
- Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
- Heat Maps
- Box Plots
- Distribution Charts
- Highlight Tables
- Tree Maps
- Scatter Plots
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
This course will be delivered through:
Instructor Led –
- Online Training
- 4 weeks
- Twice per week
Module 1: Getting Started
- Tableau Interface
- Workbooks and Sharing files
Module 2: Data Sources and Connection
- Connecting to databases- sql, google analytics etc.
- Editing data connections, metadata and data sources
Module 3: Analytics
- Drill down and hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping
- Additional Formatting
Module 4: Popular visualizations through Tableau
- Bar plots, pie charts, line graphs and scatter plots
- Box plots
- Waterfall charts
- Treemaps, word clouds and bubble charts
Module 5: Dashboards
- Building dashboards
- Layouts and formatting
- Adding Interactivity
Module 6: Adding computations
- Aggregate calculations
- Logic calculations
- Aggregate calculations
- Date Calculations
- Number calculations
- String calculations
- Working with expressions
Module 7: Additional Topics
- Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Working with API’s
1. Class recordings will be made available.
2. Post class support
3. Course material available.
4. Tableau Software access
5. Career advancement and Job placement assistance
1. There will be no refunds.
2. If for any reason, students decide not to take this class, the class is rescheduled or cancelled, the payment can be applied towards any future course by Omni212.