The water supply and sanitation infrastructure is insufficient, especially in rural areas. Major investments are needed to extend coverage as well as rehabilitate and maintain existing infrastructure.
Companies are invited to provide the following options for water supply and sanitation:
• Point Sources (boreholes/hand-dug wells)
• Small Towns Pipe Schemes
• Rain Harvest Plants
• Household/Institutional Latrines
In addition, investments are needed for construction of physical facilities to achieve:
• network expansion to poor areas
• increased reliability of water supply to poor areas to reduce reliance on water vendors
Also, companies are needed to provide water tanker services to consumers.
Companies are needed to provide the following:
• Street lighting
• Improved coverage/access
• Service efficiency
• Companies to supply energy-monitoring equipment to better meet the increased requests for power monitoring and tariff analysis from industry in the country.
• Companies to provide an alternative decentralized sustainable energy system that can easily be deployed in remote and deprived communities into the overall national energy mix.
• Companies to provide solar vaccine refrigerators for the preservation of vaccines for child immunization programmes in remote and off-grid parts of the country.
• Provision of solar energy systems to schools in off-grid communities.
• New, higher quality and cost competitive energy services to the poor, for cooking, transport, water heating and other home appliances.